Community Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect
with the world of disc golf.

Welcome Forums Oakwood Revamp Funding New Pins

• Funding New Pins

Posted by Dave Baumrucker on March 25, 2022 at 9:38 am

There is a lot of interest in gathering funds to purchase new upgraded baskets for Oakwood Park.

Does anyone have a preference to Prodigy, Dynamic, or other Brand?

Chance Glasford replied 3 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Dave Baumrucker

Administrator
    March 25, 2022 at 9:39 am

@ccg from your experience, what is the best way to explore attaining grants? And City Assistance?

• Chance Glasford

March 25, 2022 at 9:49 am

There is a Parks Improvement grant through the city parks board that is easy to get. its $2,500 max and requires a match. This match can be cash, donation (material), or volunteer labor at prevailing wage so it’s easy enough to sort out. http://workplace.doli.state.mn.us/prevwage/commercial_data.php?county=82

I think we also should definitely do band sponsors, I think the city will allow that, the going rate is $300 per basket so that is $5,400.

• Dave Baumrucker

Administrator
        March 25, 2022 at 9:51 am

This is a great place to start! That puts us near the total we would need for 18 new pins.

It would be nice to get the same style pin in a different color if we are planning on establishing new/alt pin locations on the course….keep everything cohesive.

• Chance Glasford

March 25, 2022 at 9:45 am

I prefer Innova Discatchers but I think Dynamic/Latitude 64 are the most affordable and offer multiple color options. Not a huge fan of prodigy because that cargo net but I’m fine with whatever is the cheapest honestly. So if someone has a prodigy connection through Cale or something that’s fine

• Dave Baumrucker

Administrator
    March 25, 2022 at 9:48 am

You mention Zac Docter with the City, Tim Grunwald, and Chuck Kennedy.

I would like to see if we can set up a time on a Friday or weekend where we can meet up and walk the course as a group.

I like the idea in our previous conversations about more pin locations and potential for new teepads as well.

• Chance Glasford

March 25, 2022 at 9:56 am

Tim is in for sure. Not sure we need to bring chuck in. He might charge. I didn’t get that far. I would bring Zac in until we have a game plan and then we can set up an actual official meeting. I did have a great discussion with Pat Kelly who runs a league out there and would like to run more there but said the first thing he would do would be get all the secondary tee pads concreted. I didn’t even realize that all the holes had wood blocks but I was there yesterday and it does appear they all do have short tees marked with a wood block in the ground. He’s point was that he could then run women’s and Junior’s leagues and tournaments out there and this would give multiple looks at each pin. Might be something to consider.